UK sales figures: results for video games up to 23/05/21

Resident Evil Village claims the crown, but Miitopia still makes its debut: here are the latest British sales figures for video games

Despite a certain delay, i sales data for Games From United Kingdom. Little surprisingly, Resident evil village is reconfirmed as the best-selling title, after falling to second place following the release of Mass Effect: Legendary Edition. A week of relative calm helped Capcom's stock re-emerge. Sales in this case were mainly on Sony's platforms, with 44% of sales on PS4 and 29% on PS5. As for the silver medal, we have (perhaps with greater surprise) a relatively new face.

Mii, what an RPG

In these sales figures, in fact, Resident Evil Village is in a clear advantage over the runner-up, or the Switch version of one of the most unexpected video games ever. Compared to launching on Nintendo 3DS in July 2017, the Switch version of Miitopia however, he was able to defend himself worthily with a gap of 36%. The debut of the original, in the ranking four years ago, saw it place in seventh place: not bad, therefore, for this second chance. Recall that the original came out when the Switch was already on sale for several months.

UK sales figures: results for video games up to 23/05/21

Mass Effect - Sales figures for video games

Speaking of video games that "sometimes come back", Mass Effect: Legendary Edition it now ranks third in sales figures. The collection suffered a collapse of 76%, frankly (relatively) predictable as we have already said on past occasions. The fans who bought it on day one, in fact, represent only a small slice of the players, hence the peak of last week. The game, not unlike other results seen so far, has been selling mostly on PS4, with a whopping 72%. This also means that Xbox One had to "settle" for the remaining 28%.

UK sales figures: results for video games up to 23/05/21

The Rise and the Rust - Sales figures for video games

After an excellent performance last week, due as often happens to new stocks of PS5, Spider-Man: Miles Morales falls in this sales data to fourth place, with a decrease of 45% compared to the last weekly results. Meantime, Rust made his console debut finishing eleventh. The sales for the title of Deep Silver, which will therefore not appear in the final table, were divided fairly fairly. We are talking about a slight majority on PS4 (with 54%), followed by a strong performance on Xbox One (46%).

UK sales figures: results for video games up to 23/05/21

Mythopia in second place, yet - Sales figures for video games

There are no other new video games in the top 40 this week, but in today's sales figures we can only report one more slip. After a fifth place debut, Subnautics: Below Zero he finds himself fourteenth, with a drop of 60% compared to the first week. For the rest, at the expense of a debut in second place, Nintendo Switch continues to exercise its usual hegemony. You can find five titles in the top ten. We allude to Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, New Pokémon Snap and the Switch version of Minecraft.

UK sales figures: results for video games up to 23/05/21

Concluding printout

We close our reportage with our usual one table, which by now you will know how to read. The current positions of the games in the top ten are in the center, while the column on the left illustrates the positions of the titles (debutants apart) from last week (or rather, being the weekly periods just ended, two weeks ago). Enjoy the reading!

Placements from two weeks agoTop ten positions for the week just endedTitle concerned
21Resident evil village
New arrival2Mitopia (2021)
13Mass Effect: Legendary Edition
34Spider-Man: Miles Morales
65Animal Crossing: New Horizons
96Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
117Grand Theft Auto V
88Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
79Minecraft (formato Nintendo Switch)
1010New Pokémon Snap

Now it's up to you to tell us yours: what do you think of these results? Let us know below, and as always don't forget to stay on techigames for all the most important news for gamers and more. For your purely gaming needs, you can instead find the best discounts in digital format on Instant Gaming.

add a comment of UK sales figures: results for video games up to 23/05/21
Comment sent successfully! We will review it in the next few hours.